A window covering can transform the appearance of a room. On the practical side, quality window dressings can insulate your space and help reduce energy costs. Not all window treatments are created equally, though. When choosing between custom and store-bought blinds, there are a few factors you’ll want to keep in mind.
Custom Blinds vs. Store-Bought
Custom and store-bought blinds differ in many ways.
Custom blinds are tailored to your space. A design specialist will visit your home or business to discuss your needs, budget and style preferences and show you samples so you can see how different materials will translate to your space.
Custom blinds typically use high-quality materials, and expert installation ensures they fit like a glove.
Store-bought blinds are generally cheaper and come in pre-designed sizes and applications. Color and design are limited to what you can get in the store, and only standard shapes are available. Since you can’t customize their size or shape, you might not have full privacy and light control like you would with a custom treatment. The materials are mass-produced and sometimes have a shorter life span than custom-made varieties.
The Benefits of Choosing Custom Window Blinds
Custom window blinds may be associated with more upfront costs, but their superior quality and significant benefits justify spending that extra bit of money. Custom blinds offer:
- Aesthetic value: There is no settling with custom blinds. You get beautiful solutions that match your style and interior.
- Design flexibility: You can choose from various styles, colors, patterns, finishes and add-on features.
- Quality: Customized window treatments are durable with long life spans.
- An ideal fit: Specialists will measure your windows and tailor the blinds to fit perfectly, giving you maximum privacy and light control along with a polished look.
- Functionality: You can customize your blinds based on the amount of light you want to let through for peak functionality.
- Energy efficiency: Customized window blinds allow natural light in your space without damaging your interiors.
- Motorization: Automating your blinds is one of the perks of customization. With motorization, you can operate your blinds at a push of a button.
- Expert involvement: Customized window treatments are designed and installed by design specialists to ensure you get a solution that fits your needs, budget, and space.
About Our Custom Blinds
Clear Fortress Window Solutions partners with leading manufacturers to ensure your custom window blinds are high-quality and affordable. We offer options to suit any style, including:
- Faux wood blinds: These blinds are durable and built to withstand moisture while offering the warm, classic look of wood blinds.
- Horizontal blinds: Choose from various colors and timeless designs. Horizontal blinds are available in vinyl or aluminum.
- Vertical blinds: These long, vertical paneled blinds add sophistication to your space.
- Wood blinds: Custom wood window blinds add warmth and class to a room and look equally appealing installed in contemporary and rustic properties.
Learn More About Our Custom Window Blinds
Our design specialists are ready to visit your home or business to help you select the ideal fabric, color, and material for your blinds.
With more than 100 years of combined experience in the window treatment industry, you can count on our team — contact us today!